Friday, August 29, 2008

camera is on the blink...

So I was walking down the beach with this camera, see, it was turned on ready to capture the sights, when I stepped on a piece of drift wood and gracefully jammed it into the sand to keep myself from face planting. Now it sorta whines and grinds when I turn it on and has a manual zoom. It has been a faithful friend all the way from San Fransisco to Pittsburgh to Kauai and back, but now it will be replaced.

SO....we are looking for suggestions - can anyone recommend a camera that costs less than $200 but still packs a punch? Or even tell us which camera NOT to get?!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hey Teresa - great blog & pics! It looks like such a nice relaxing time you all had up there (with sun too!).

That's so bad about your camera when you love photography so much! I'm thinking before the year is out I'd like to get another kodak w/ even more features and optical zoom. But here's a good website for comparing ones in your price range.
http://www.dpreview.com/

take care!
jess

Chris - Laura said...

That's a bummer!! I did the same thing only in the snow and was very unhappy. Good luck finding a new one!