Thursday, July 3, 2008

a thunder storm!

Last night we woke up at 2am when there was a flash of light in our room and the entire house vibrated. Then the torrential downpour started. As I ran around the house shutting the windows I looked out to the street and saw three guys standing out in the storm smoking cigarettes. They were just standing there. In the rain. Smoking.

Luckily Jeff and I both like lightning and thunder, so we had a good time. It reminded me of when I was a kid, during bad storms mom would bring me downstairs to the basement to sleep and we would count "one one-thousand, two one-thousand..." to see how far away the lightning was. Oh what fun! I wish I had some photos...

1 comment:

DoRe' said...

That's sweet; Daniel and the girls were doing their countdowns last night, too! :)

Well, Mrs. H, I need to get your mailing address, so I can send you another reason to come this side of the water...:) We're (finally) having a party to celebrate Josh's graduation, and you made the list! :p Shoot me a message on Facebook, or something; I don't want to post e-mail addresses here.

Hope you guys have a great 4th!