Friday, October 17, 2008

i've been 'tagged'

I am supposed to come up with six things that most people don't know about me. I'm not sure how many people know or don't know this stuff, but here it is:

1. I'm a hermit. I am shy. I have learned some slightly persuasive acting skills that sometimes fool people, but I don't like big groups or being the center of attention. But at the same time, I need people around or I go insane.

2. I read on average about 10 books a month. I am a big fan of most things fiction. And I do judge the book by it's cover. If I don't first find it interesting by the cover, I don't pick it up to see if I might like the story.

3. I have a diary. I don't write it in it very often, but I have been writing in it since 1996. I go back every couple years and read it. Although it is often embarrassing to read what I once thought important, it helps me see how much I have changed and grown.

4. Although I am both an artist and a musician, I don't care about the old masters. Not to say that I don't enjoy listening to Vivaldi and Beethoven, or can't appreciate Divinci's genius, but I am only interested in the art itself and not in knowing who made it. Either the work stands alone, or it doesn't. It is the same with modern music - I may like a song, know some or even all the words, but I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about the artist.

5. I have fibromyalgia, a wide spread pain syndrome that is thought to be a genitically predisposed condition. It was likely triggered when I had spinal meningitis my junior year of high school. There isn't yet a cure (or even a known cause) so I occasionally take IBprofen and hope that I don't come across as too surly.

6. I cry during 1/3 of the movies I see. If the movie has hospital scenes, or anything to do with pain/physical limitations. Or if the movie explores human relationships. The most recent movies: In Her Shoes, Blind Dating. Sad eh?

Edit: I just thought of something that only a few people know: I am goofy and rather funny. I dance and sing around the house like nobodies business, but the minute people are around I start trying to be an adult. I'm not so sure how well I pull that off, but I try! :)

No comments: