Wednesday, December 3, 2008

wish lists

Does it defeat the purpose of present giving, if you make a list beforehand? When I was really little I started making up birthday wish lists and posting them on the fridge (partially because I had this fear that people would otherwise forget my birthday! as if i would let them!). I still continue to do this, and from my point of view it makes sense. For those who know me well, I can be quite fickle and it may be hard to figure out what I really want if I didn't write it down for them. However, this year Jeff is coming up with a list too, and I feel like if it is coming from the same pocket why don't we just buy it for ourselves. Of course then there isn't any surprise left at all. Hm.
What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Camerons said...

lists are good...gifts are nice thoughtful ways to say hey i care about you and what you want..so big sister says..write out the lists...buy each other something from them & everyones happy :)

KPB PHOTOS said...

I really really like it when someone surprises me with something that I didn't know I wanted that should have been at the top of my list if I ever thought to write one. Any thing that I actually need I will save for it or buy it and pay it back. Life needs some good surprises!