Friday, September 26, 2008

past the point of no return


Tuesday evening we made the trek to Seattle's Paramount Theatre to see my favorite musical, Phantom of the Opera. We were suprised to meet up with some of our friends - the world is proved small again. It was Jeff's first time ever seeing a Broadway play at all, and although he was sick he really enjoyed it. The music gave me the chills. It was fun feeling the entire audience lean forward not wanting to miss a minute, it is that awesome. It took a serious genius to write it.

I hadn't realized before we went how much it would remind me of our wedding; we had All I Ask of You played and I sang Past the Point of No Return. Those who know that song may think it odd that I sang it - at my wedding no less. But it made sense to me at the time :). I choose only a few verses to sing (the less provocative/more funny for the situation), but while watching the scene as it was played out with that song, I got embarrassed. With our friends in the same theatre (some of whom had been at the wedding) listening to the song in the orginal context, I realized how weird they must think it that I sang it. Ah well. :)

No comments: