Saturday, February 21, 2009

knitting for hire...

I have been on something of a 'knit craze' the last few months. I've been having fun experimenting with my new found skill - but I am realizing that I really don't need anymore scarves!! I have already made myself three (plus couple more for gifts), and have some more projects underway.

So here is my proposition. Say you want something knitted (ie: a scarf, maybe a hat, hand warmers or a purse) and I want to knit but I really can't justify buying more yarn. So: you buy yarn, I knit and give to you. :) This should help out both parties: you get a handmade something or other and just buy the yarn and I get to work on my knitting skills without spending money.

Of course we could collaborate on the pattern (although it has to be within my skill level - which is ever growing...hopefully) or if you don't even want to think about it I could do it all (yarn choice included) and surprise you.

Let me know if you are interested!! I would love to make something for you!

8 comments:

Rebekah Hamon said...

Good idea!! Knitting is expensive, especially if you aren't interested in knitting acrylic yarn.
I am almost finished with my baby blanket but lost the three balls of yarn I need to finish it. :( Not quite sure what I'm going to do about that.

AdNJen said...

A knitted purse, eh? That sounds kind of nifty! I do just happen to have some yarn that has been sitting, waiting for creation - however, with 3 children...it just doesn't seem to happen! :) Do you have any purse plans that I could peruse? Or sites that I could look at?

Teresa said...

The purse patterns that I have found I randomly selected at the library in the books at my local branch. I also really like looking at etsy.com for ideas.
As for patterns here are two sites I found:
http://www.dailyknitter.com/patternsdetail.php?type=PU

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/purses.htm

Camerons said...

Courtney and I would like Mittens!!

Chris - Laura said...

I'm tellin ya.... you've got to get on ravelry.com... endless patterns and support. You might like this pattern: http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/patterns/archive/2007/09/21/knitting-needle-knitting-bag.aspx

Darin, Jean, Samson & Sydney said...

ooooh Teresa - i'll totally take you up on this. I would love something for the bambinos and just discovered the WONDERFUL yarn shop on bainbridge. Would you like to visit there with me the next time you are in town??? I'll buy yarn and patterns and lunch:-).

Teresa said...

Jean, that would be great!

Chris - Laura said...

Re: DLJM

The yarn shop on Bainbridge is the Best! I will be visiting Churchmouse at least twice in the next month. Teresa, You'll have to let me know when you're headed that direction.