Friday, January 23, 2009

apparently i have a lot to share today

so for post #3 today, I recommend a book.

The Garden Angel: A Novel The Garden Angel: A Novel by Mindy Friddle


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book explores the limitations set on people by fear. Irrational fear based on the acceptance of one's inadequacies and failures. The character Elizabeth suffers from an anxiety disorder that doesn't allow her a simple trip to the grocery store. She has trouble forcing herself out of the house into her yard let alone into the work place. She cannot get the concentration and motivation to finish her dissertation. While I don't suffer from a mental condition, but rather a physical one, I felt like this story could be written about me. I love the determination that made her face her fears, and while her condition didn't cease to exist, she overcame it.


View all my reviews.

No comments: