Friday, January 23, 2009

so much fog

The weather has been fairly nasty. I haven't been warm in a while. And everything broke. The microwave, lawnmower (well it broke a while ago), fridge, dryer... So our landlord who is in Italy is trying to fix everything via his dad - it is slow going. All this assures me that I can wait to own a house and prolong the responsibility of fixing everything that goes wrong. I am looking forward to moving back into a snug little apartment with just a few things to make it home. :)

So with the bad weather, Laura's prompting and mom's guidance (and supplies) I have begun to knit. I have finished two scarves and have started a third. I even bought some fancy yarn to start another more complicated project, but it is still sitting in the bag, awaiting my confidence.

Here is to one long piece of nothing that can be fantastically made into something useful. Whoever came up with knitting had a fabulous imagination.

2 comments:

Neisha said...

i want to learn how to crochet/knit but I need someone to show me

Chris - Laura said...

i totally hear ya on the house vs. apartment thing. we're actually planning on doing the apartment thing till we can buy a sailboat to live on. talk about close quarters :)

YAY for knitting! you'll have to join ravelry.com. it's one of the best addictions a knitter can have.